BFS has invested a total of US$75 million for first-class facilities, modern and efficient equipment and technology. There are over 1,100 pieces of aircraft ground handling equipment; Aircraft Tow Tractor including the highlight A380-capable TPX-500S push-back tractor, and Cargo Main desk loader, Transporter, Truck Mounted PAX step, Conveyor Belt Loader, Air Condition unit, Ground Power unit, Air start unit, Lavatory Truck, Portable Water Truck, Disabled Passenger Lift or Ambulift, Apron Bus and Baggage Cart & Dolly.
With the support of IT in the development of software, BFS has developed mobile devices Intermec CN 70 in our ground operation for scanning of staff to check qualifications and training that is correct as per system assignment to each flight, and developed real time dashboards for ramp operations to be deployed on large monitors in the Operations Control Centers which allow managers to achieve their KPI targets.
BFS has focused on improving our ramp equipment reliability and availability as well as the management of the spare parts for those equipment. BFS also provides GSE maintenance services program to inspect the equipment condition, which is called “DataStream7” to run Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance to keep them under the right condition.
Our GSE maintenance facility provides full support to our operations.
• 8,000 sq.m. of workshop area, 3,000 sq.m. of office space and 3,000 sq.m. of
parking for ground service equipment.
• Full size vehicle wash bay and paint spray booth (20 m. long)
• Dedicated tire repair store
• Areas for cabin service supplies and aircraft spare parts
• 6 vehicle repair bays with pits – including 2 full-size 20 m. bays
• In-ground water tank for potable water
Apart from the main GSE maintenance facility at the company’s general office; BFS also maintain several other offices and area for ramp operation purposes including:
- Ramp Office – international flights (3,111 m2) on ramp level of Concourse E (E5)
- Domestic Ramp Office – domestic flights (500 m2) at Concourse C (C7), ramp level is the center for BFS domestic operations.
- Baggage Sortation Office (105 m2) at the basement level of Concourse D
- GSE Remote Office (4,000 m2) on the opposite side of Concourse G is to park GSE vehicles and conduct light GSE maintenance work.
- The ULD storage area (2212.50 m2) is located between Concourse C and D.
- 3 Staging areas on ramp including
- Opposite of Concourse A (2,250 m2)
- Between Concourse D & E (2,032 m2)
- Between Concourse E & F(1,947 m2)TT